Frequently Asked Questions for Professional Training Program - Teachers
1. How long does it take to complete Level 1 Certification?
To become a Level 1 Instructor the standard intensive course of study takes one year. To become a Level 1 Healing Practitioner the standard program is two years. Options are available for those who wish to take more time. For a full syllabus and expectations read more.
2. What if I can't attend trainings in Santa Fe or Israel?
With the exception of our Professional accreditation retreats, all training events are available online. They are live streamed and available for simultaneous viewing (as videos) in your time-zone and for repeated study in your online classroom which you have access to 24/7. Certification retreats need to be attended in person.
3. I am finding out about this mid-year, what are my options?
Our Professional Training program year begins in September, January or May. Permission to enter please email WHQProfessionals@chicenter.com
4. Are there pre-requisites to participate in the Professional Program?
Beginning level competence in Wisdom Healing Qigong's, Awaken Vitality Method, Lift Chi Up, Pour Chi Down Method (LCUPCD) and Sound Healing. These are taught in our beginning level Qigong for Life.
5. What if I have been attending events with Mingtong for a while and just now decided to take this step?
You may very well have met some of the prerequisite training we desire, especially if you have been attending retreats and weekend courses over the years. Make a list of your participation and practice experience and email to our WHQProfessionals@chicenter.com
6. What is the time commitment for this intensive program?
Most people enjoy and gain so much benefit from the practices and program videos that they go beyond these minimum expectations. The First Year Professional Training Program includes both instructional and collaborative components; both are essential to your training. Please be prepared to devote quality attention to both.
• First Year Professional Course (PTC1): Three to five hours per week for video materials, readings, assignments, group and chi buddy participation.
• Qigong for Life Courses: One to two hour of daily practice and study.
7. What is the practice commitment requirement?
It is expected that you will be practicing the forms you are studying that trimester. With daily practice you will easily meet the 100-day gong requirements (100 days of consistent practice in a row) before attending a Professional Training retreat.
- Minimum 100-day Gong of Awaken Vitality Practices - Spinal Bone Marrow, Hip Rotations, Crane's Neck, Bending Spine and Chen Chi
- Minimum 100-day Gong of Core Practices - LCUPCD, Standing Meditation and Wall squats.
9. How do I facilitate a group learning the Awaken Vitality Practices to meet my practicum requirement?
For those seeking to be certified as a Level 1 instructor, you will gather together students who are eager to learn the Awaken Vitality they can register with the Chi Center for the Qigong for Life course Qi 110. They will learn from Mingtong and get the added benefit of studying with you. You will help answer the students questions, encourage their practice and share experiences. You will not be teaching, you will be facilitating and enhancing the students taking the course from Mingtong. This will give you an easy way to gain confidence and experience.
10. When can I begin teaching and charging students?
Your practicum Practice Group is free for those who participate. After the Professional Certification Retreat, you can teach the Awaken Vitality Practices. You will also be able to lead (using Mingtong's audio or video) Lift Chi Up, Pour Chi Down (LCUPCD). After Level 2 certification is complete you can teach LCUPCD.
11. What if I don't want to be a teacher? Do you have other professional trainings?
Yes. Those interested in healing, and in utilizing the Qigong methodology in their therapeutic professions are invited into the Healing Facilitator Program (HF). This is a two year program for certification at Level 1. The first year curriculum is the same as for the instructors so they too will enroll in the First Year Professional Training Program (PTC1). Their practicum will be different.
12. What are the costs of First Year Professional Training Program (PTC1)?
- $87 a month ($1044) for 12 months covers your First Year Practitioner Program
- $67 a month ($804) for 12 months covers your courses in the Qigong for Life program.
- Professional Certification Retreat costs vary per location. In 2017 at the Center in Santa Fe. NM $2,500 was an average cost for tuition, room and board.
- Budgeting $6,000 would be reasonable for the two years study and one retreat.
- Scholarships or work trade arrangements are available.
13. Is the certification retreat included?
No, the Professional certification retreats are an additional cost. Dates and locations will be made known to participants as they become available. Traditionally they are offered in September or October.
14. How do I track all courses?
Each of the programs you enroll in will show up in your Chi Center classroom as a course. A video tutorial, scheduled help calls, and free tech support will get you up and running. Your questions are welcome.
15. Is there tech support?
Most definitely, as soon as you enroll you can go over your needs with our firstname.lastname@example.org. FeiFei is super helpful and will get you going quickly.
7. What is my next step?
Enroll in the First Year Professional Training Program (PTC1) and join in the world-wide community studying with Master Mingtong Gu. Read more on the full program content.
- What is your deepest intention of you heart and priority of life?
- What the path, track and timeline are you ready to commit?
Need more help?
Please contact our Professional Training Facilitator.